Monday, November 16, 2009

Half a Lung and Counting

I’m sick today. I’m really, really sick. So I’m not writing much. I’ve been awake for most of the past three nights, coughing. I think I’m down to half a lung. The other half is in little wads of tissue piling up in the waste basket. Hocking a good quality loogie was such fun as a kid. Somewhere along the way it has lost its luster. Maybe it’s because in your living room you cannot stand up and see who can spit said loogie the farthest distance. I thought I would be able to type more, but I’m coughing so much that I cannot type properly (a challenging task even on my best days) and I think I can smell my spell checker starting to smoke. So, have a good day. I’m off to the doctor this afternoon. Better living through chemicals, you know. I hope he gives me the good stuff.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh...feel better!! And soon! Should you decide to hold that loogie contest in your living room, you don't want The Boss on your case!

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

Sounds like what the whole family is just getting over here.

CrossView said...

Hope you got some good drugs to tide you over till you feel better!

Kellie said...

That stinks....feel better soon!

Jane Deskis said...

If it wasn't rainy and cold outside, I'd say just open the window and see who hits the tree first. First loogie to hang until the Boss comes home wins! Oh, gross myself out.
Hope you feel better.

Teacher Mommy said...

OH NO!!! Seems like everyone is falling like ninepins.

Get better soon!