Saturday, November 6, 2010

Do These Come In My Size?

I took General Mayhem and Captain Chaos Christmas shopping last night. We stopped at JC Penney before walking through Target in search of goodies for the Boss. Our trip through JC Penney took us through the lingerie department, which featured three mannequins adorned with rather racy feminine undergarments. Captain Chaos stared at the mannequins as we walked past them. Pointing, she exclaimed, “Wow! Look at those statues! That is so cool!”

Several women in the area laughed, stopping to look for the source of the comment.

“I think you’re a little young to be shopping for those,” I told the Captain.

“That’s okay, dad,” she replied, in a tone both self confident and reassuring. “I’ll get bigger!”

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh boy!! Its hard to shield precious eyes from tv and even stores isn't it? I wish we would be able to put little blindfolds on!!

Brownie said...

I'd walk through the store with Red in his stroller and he was forever grabbing at those silkies in the lingerie department.

TobyBo said...

Meesa think you have your hands full there.

Kathleen said...

At least her outburst was viewed by others as "cute". We were walking by the "lingerie" dept at Target once, and my boys started yelling, "Boobies! Boobies!" Lovely.

Linda said...

Oh Dear. Yes. She will get bigger. Hopefully when she does, she'll still think they're "cool". :-)

Oklahoma Granny said...

Ahhh - the joys of raising a daughter . . .

Becky said...

I once caught my hubby "feeling" the waterbra's as we walked thru JCPenny!! I just hid my face.

Marlis said...

LOL, the responses to the post were as hilarious as the original post.

Thankfully my dd isn't interested right now (she is 10½) and my ds isn't interested in boobies just yet. LOL

Anonymous said...

Next stop - hardware store to buy locks & chains! :)

Just yesterday we passed some lacy "cheeky" panties & my 7yo said "EW her butt's hanging out!" In a few more years, that statement will change to "OOH her butt's hanging out!"