Friday, March 18, 2011

Never Say “Condominium” in Church

So, I sat in church last Wednesday night with General Mayhem. One of many songs had just started when he said, “Hey, dad, this is my favorite condom…” The music swelled loudly. He continued, “It’s the most comfortable one I’ve ever been in.”

My head almost snapped off my neck as I turned to him.  Had I just heard what I thought I heard? Favorite condom? The most comfortable one he’s ever been in?  Exactly how many has he been in?  Then I saw that he was holding up a Bic pen and pointing to the logo printed on the barrel.  It was from a condominium we stayed at while on vacation in Florida a few years ago. He had noticed the look on my face when I turned to him, and his puzzled expression told me that he thought he was in trouble.

“Do you have any idea what I thought you just said?” I asked him.

“What?”

“I didn’t hear the ‘minium,’” I explained.

I stopped talking and started singing.  He didn’t fully recover until the last verse. I’ve never seen his face so red, or watched him laugh so hard.

Never say “condominium” in church.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Too funny!! I so needed that laught today. Thank you so much. Its been very stressful here and I needed a chuckle!

Marlis said...

Ohhh, that was funny!!!!!

Brownie said...

It would have been funny seeing his reaction!

TobyBo said...

LOL.


Thank you for the half full glass comment. I needed that.


and there is a new carpebanana in the bunch... http://carpebanana.blogspot.com/

Kathleen said...

That is too. funny!! Definitely good to know - thanks for the advice!

Kid said...

Beautiful :)

Linda said...

When does the book come out? I want mine signed.