Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Short Homeschool Production of Henry IV Part I



From November of 2012 through early March of this year, I taught Shakespeare's Richard II, Henry IV Parts 1 & 2, and Henry V to my sixteen-year-old son Noah and another homeschooler, Nathan.  At the end of Henry V, I gave the boys their choice of one of three final projects: writing an essay, taking a written test, or staging a scene from one of the plays.  They chose the latter, and below is their effort.  Please invest ten minutes and look at their work.  Enlisting the aid of their brothers and sisters, and with no help from any adults (except for taxi service to the set), these boys planned, choreographed, filmed, and edited the final battle from Henry IV Part I.   I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am with their work.  It is a pleasure to see two high school students enjoy Shakespeare this much!  Direct your comments to Noah and Nathan, please.  This is all their work.  


 

3 comments:

Rose ASL said...

Lol that was awesome! My 6- and 8-year-old boys watched it with me. Great job.

Your dad probably knows about this already since it's right up his alley, but in case he doesn't, have you guys ever seen "The Three Little Pigs Shakespearean Style?" It's hilarious. I forget the comedian's name, but if you go to YouTube and search for "Three Little Pigs Old English" you're sure to find it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip on the Three Little Pigs. That was funny! Noah enjoyed it, too.

Rose ASL said...

Hehe thought you'd enjoy that. :)